Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oohs & Aahs

Aaaaaaahhhhh, the 4th of July, fireworks, picnics, watermelon, and fun. A day of spending time with family and friends. So this is how our madhouse spent it.

The kids played in the pool most of the day. Tom finally was able to see how well Mini Man is swimming and Girly Wirly was able to show Dad how well she could do sommersaults under water. There were a lot of oohs & aahs and tadas!!! Dad couldn't have been prouder. He may finally have a swimmer instead of another gymnast. It is fun and crazy watching them grow and express their interest and new found control of their little bodies.







Lord Humble and Red could not be left out, so they had to show Tom their newly learned flipping skills. I watch their focus and dedication and couldn't be prouder of the men that they are becoming.




Little Bit had everybody oohing at her because she decided that she needed food instead of nursing and grabbed a piece of corn from my plate. I am not ready for her to start solids. She is only 4 months old. Why is it easier for me to ooh & aah over the growth of the other kids than with her? Why am I longing for her to stay my baby?


Finally, we met friends at the Village for the fireworks show. It is really precious listening to the kids ooh & aah at the fireworks. Even Little Bit was mesmerized and could not stop staring up at the sky. I was so engrossed in watching the kids and seeing it through their eyes that I didn't even notice I had lost my cell phone! (Thank-you to Jim for graciously finding and returning it to us this morning)

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

You caught some absolutely FABULOUS shots!!! Love the mid-air picture!
And, your little one with the corn is just precious!
:) Debi

Michelle said...

Thanks Debi!