Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Toddler Logic

My kids always amaze me with their logic.
For example on Monday, we were picking up my husbands dry cleaning. I hand the lady my visa card.

Lady: Is this debit or credit?
Me: Credit
Lady: Credit, okay.
Girly Wirly (in back seat of van) yells: Her name is not CREDIT! It is MOM. You spell it M-O-M! Smiling all proud of herself.

Neither the lady or myself could stop laughing. Yup, she is ready for kindegarten.


Or yesterday, Little Man has been very interested in making "soup". He had a plasic cup and a spoon outside. He runs into the house and gets a brand new bottle of garlic powder.

Me: What are you doing with that?
Little Man: Making soup!
Me: Go put that up!

He slumps his shoulders and returns it to kitchen. I go in to change the baby's diaper. As I am heading back outside, I see that he is in the pool with an empty bottle of garlic powder.

Me: Didn't I tell you to put that away?
Little Man: Yes, but I was making soup!
Me: Why is it in the pool then?
Little Man: Because I was hungry, and I wanted to swim. So I made a big soup.

Yes, he poured all of the powder into the pool stirred it with his spoon so that he could eat and swim at the same time. How can I compete with that logic?

5 comments:

Jeaneane said...

Oh my gosh!!! I couldn't stop laughing! I don't think you can compete with that logic.

Caroline said...

I bet that was some very tasty soup!!!

wendy said...

Mmmm...garlic soup. YUMMY! :)

Just Me said...

Okay, comment attempt #2, this time without toddler intervention on the keyboard.

HA! I love this post - hilarious!!!

debi9kids said...

OK, giggling here! I can't believe your little man was swimming in garlic powder soup! LOL